Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Weekend

My sweet friend Stacie ordered us pizza Friday night and then Nate went to play poker and stay the night at a friends house. I knew he could use a night away. I kept the kids home with me. We all slept in my bed and watched Harry Potter. Well, the kids watched Harry Potter...I was exhausted and fell asleep by 8 pm!
Saturday morning Brady had a football game and then we just hung around the house. Nate and I watched a movie and the kids rested up for a night of trick or treating. I got to get out of the house. Nate drove me to my parents house and then took the kids trick or treating in their neighborhood. My aunt, uncle, cousin, sisters family and grandparents were also at my parents. I was so glad to get out of the house. I would have been so sad here by myself for Halloween. I wanted so bad to be able to go trick or treating with the kids. I have never not gone with them. SO, it helped to be on someone else's couch, around family and not alone. It was so refreshing to get out!Sunday we all just laid around coming down from our sugar highs. We watched football all day and the kids played outside. The weather has been beautiful! I have had the doors and windows open for days. It helps to not feel cooped up.
I had one small breakdown this weekend...not too bad! Nate went to fill up the water jugs and the kids were here with me. They got into a scuffle with each other, after fighting back and forth and Brady crying because Rylee pushed him down. I was trying to discipline them from the couch and they were too involved in their argument to listen to me. So I picked up a magazine on my table next to me and chucked it at them. That got their attention. I then told them to go to their rooms until Daddy got home. They argued and did not want to go upstairs....just then Nate got home to diffuse the situation. As soon as they got upstairs, they were crying, and I started bawling...I couldn't even get up to discipline my kids! Oh well, all was resolved and we watched a movie together as a family last night before our week begins.
Now it is Monday morning....Saturday seems so far away! I find myself loving the weekends and our family time so much more. I love the noise and even the chaos in the house on the weekends now.

1 comments:

Stacie said...

Glad you were able to get out of the house!