Well it has come, the day that I dreaded for 10 years now. The day that ten years ago seemed SO far away. It came...
Granted I couldn't welcome it the way I really wanted. I really wanted to be at a bar, with my girlfriends, with a little too much makeup on and my clothes a little too tight, probably singing my famous version of Dolly's 9 to 5, to really welcome the day. I wanted to have a headache, sleep in, maybe even have to visit the porcelain god and say over and over again, "I am too old for this, what was I thinking."
Well, it didn't happen quite like that. Although it was a good day!
My girlfriends, my sister and my cousins all came over Sunday night and brought games and fondue. It was a really good time, for this pregnant girl who can't get off the couch. We ate....A LOT! and laughed and played games and had a great time together. They brought me a tiara and made me virgin Pina Colada's.
The next day Nate and the kids played hookie from work and school. They have all had a little cold and needed a recoup day. Plus, it was really nice not to be alone. At lunch time Nate took the kids and told me they were going to get stuff for dinner. The next thing I knew Rylee's girl scout troop leader Julie was walking in my door with birthday balloons. This was a great birthday surprise present from my parents! Julie does nails and came to my house to give me a manicure and pedicure....it was the best ones I have ever had. TWO HOURS of pampering....it was so awesome!
Nate and the kids rented a movie that we watched together, Nate made a great dinner, and we played Yatzee. Then my sisters family and my parents came over and brought presents and cheesecake (my favorite).It turned out to be a really good day.
(my sister bought these candles and we forgot to put them on the cake, so she put them on bread, so that they could sing and I could blow out the candles)
Twin's 1st Year In Review!
11 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment