Friday, November 20, 2009

Update - 27 weeks

Well, I had my appointment today and ultrasound. Not great news....my cervix shortened again! I am 27 weeks today and my cervix is the length it was at 29 weeks with Brady. My membranes are still beaking (dipping into the top end of the cervix). SO, my Dr.'s plan is to wait two more weeks and then if it has shortened again (she didn't say how much) she is putting me in the hospital on the antepartum (high risk pregnancy) unit. The Dr. and I talked and think that it would be better for me, if I do need to be hospitalized, to go to Banner Desert. That is the closest level 3 hospital to us. That way if I did deliver, they have the best NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) for Aubree there. Aubree is still in a breech position, which is totally normal at this point in the pregnancy. The problem is though, that if it looked like I were going to deliver, I would need a C Section due to the position that she is in. Although, I would love to be at Gateway, Desert is by far where I would need to be at this point for Aubree. They take the smallest of the small and the sickest of the sick. So I want Aubree to be where she would get the best care. I also don't want to risk that if I delivered at Gateway and then Aubree had to be transferred to Desert, then I wouldn't be at the same hospital as my baby. I am not chancing that, I can't imagine.....
Then at 32 weeks my Dr. said she would transfer me back to Gateway, so that then she could deliver me (she doesn't deliver at Desert) and after 32 weeks the NICU at Gateway would be able to care for Aubree. While at Desert my Dr. would transfer me to the care of the group of Dr.'s (if I have to go to Desert) that I had with Brady. I do love all of them and trust all of their judgements'. Although, I really hope that we hang in there, so that Dr. B can deliver us!!!!!
So, please keep us in your thoughts and prayers, that we have a VERY uneventful two weeks and that in two weeks my cervix will stay put, so that I don't have to go into the hospital....oh ya did I mention that Flu restrictions are on and if I do have to go into the hospital no kids under 12 are allowed in....that means if I end up having to be there for weeks, I won't get to see my kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a positive note, Aubree is weighing in at 2 pounds and 5 oz. That is really good for being 27 weeks, so I am happy about that!

I am still waiting to hear from the Dr. on my test results that were positive 2 weeks ago (FFN) we really are hoping they are negative, she said she would call me when she gets the results.

3 comments:

The Wylers said...

Oh my gosh! I sure hope that everything goes well for you and that you can hang in there for those next few weeks without having to be admitted. We will certainly keep you in our prayers.

Our blog is private so if you want to see it send me a message with your email address on facebook.
~Stacey~

The McEnaney's said...

Oh Melissa...I will definitely keep you in my prayers...come on Aubree stay in there and keep growing!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there my friend! Praying big time for you and little Aubree. But hey, if you're at Desert I can come visit, just a floor away from the NICU i'm in daily so there's an up side somewhere right! :) Love ya!