Saturday, December 5, 2009

Good News!

6 weeks of bed rest down and 6 weeks to go!!! We are 29 weeks!!! and yesterday we FINALLY got some good news. My cervix actually got a little longer the last two weeks.

29 weeks is the first time I was hospitalized for a week with Brady’s pregnancy. It was also the time that I got my “terb pump” a pump that went into my leg and was hooked to a machine that gave me continuous medication to stop\decrease my contractions. SO far, this time the P17 shots I get weekly seem to be holding the contractions at bay.

Yesterday was D day…the day my Dr. was going to put me in the hospital if my cervix had gotten any shorter. Throughout the week we tried to prepare for this.

IMG_1746 IMG_1749 IMG_1755 IMG_1758 We got out all of our Christmas decorations, spent many nights just as a family, and tried to prepare in case mommy was going to go for a couple of weeks.

Just the thought of it brought me to tears each time. I cried Friday morning as I kissed the kids goodbye, not knowing if I would be here when they got home. My mom took me to my appointment and I got GREAT news…my cervix actually grew a little…yahoo, I get to stay home! I got even more good news, Aubree turned head down and is now facing the right way. The ultrasound was able to show us that she now has hair and she and the Dr. kept commenting on how chubby her cheeks are. She wouldn’t cooperate to get a good face shot this time, but we got some great ones of her feet and hands. Look at these sweet things…it’s so fun to see these appendages that I am feeling kick in my growing belly.IMG00314 IMG00316

Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts, they are working and I am starting to think we are going to be able to get this little lady to make it to 2010!

1 comments:

LINDS said...

Way to go Melissa. I am so proud of you!!