Wednesday, August 27, 2008

And the winner is....

KRISTI HARRIS- Email me your paypal receipt and the Inspirations Gold Canyon Basket will be on it's way!
I also matched Kristi's bid and donated $25 to the Nie fund....
You can always click on the dove to the right of the screen to donate!







I did not know Stephanie or her husband, but have been following closely to the blogs over the past week. Her story deeply touched me and I found myself one night reading her blog from start to finish. What a remarkable friend, sister, mommy and person. I would be honored to be able to help in some way. I will be auctioning the Gold Canyon Candle Basket below...



Sparks of Inspirations
Bring the gift of inspiration to a friend in need. 1 - 18 oz. Citrus Cream, 1 - Fruit Fusion votive, 1 - Greenhouse Medley votive, 1 - Tranquil Mist votive, 1 - Straight Candle Glass
http://mygc.com/melissalord

DIRECTIONS FOR SILENT AUCTION
The auction will begin today Wednesday August 27, at 9:00 am Arizona time.
It will end at 9:00 pm on Sunday August 31st. Check all the comments before you bid, so you will know what the current bid is. You MUST leave a comment here on this post naming your BID AMOUNT, and your email address. I will notify the winner on Monday at 9:00 am Arizona time. You will also be able to check it, bylooking at the comments.The winner MUST make a payment to PayPal using the link to the right with the Dove on it.Send me a copy of the receipt via email. I will then send you the item.



About Nie
On Saturday, August 16, 2008, Stephanie Nielson was in a plane crash with her husband, Christian Nielson, and his flight instructor, Doug Kinnear, near St. Johns, Arizona. Doug Kinnear passed away soon after arriving at the Maricopa County Hospital.

Christian & Stephanie remain in critical condition at Maricopa Burn Center. Christian has sustained burns on over 30% of his body. His wife Stephanie’s body was burned over 80%.

Stephanie and Christian live in Mesa, AZ and have four small children.

For the past four years, Stephanie has welcomed us into her charming abode through the NieNie Dialogues. I started reading her blog and could not stop, I read it one night from beginning to end. This woman inspires me to be a better wife, mother, and overall person. Far from being a product of creative editing, the Nielson’s don’t just shine through the selective lens of a blog.

Update: A great blog has been started to pull together all the fundraising on behalf of Stephanie and Christian’s medical recovery. CHECK IT OUT! There are silent auctions, jewelry sales, etc…. Lots of fun stuff for a very worthy cause.

6 comments:

The Lord Family said...

Initial Bid-$5.00
email-melissa.lord@goldcanyon.us

Mandy said...

This post brought me to tears this morning! The story is just heart breaking.On a lighter note I got eli's skateboard at the new target on ellsworth. I miss you terribly!

jill s said...

I bid $10!

Christy said...

Hi, this is Christy from Karen's group, I left an email on the yahoo site, but if you'd like some other items to auction, I have some items to donate. Check out my blog and Etsy site, tell me what you want to auction and I'll send it to you. I'd like to add you to my blog list if you don't mind...

the jernigans said...

I bid $15.00, my prayers are with the family!!

Harris Family said...

$25.00

kristi1842@yahoo.com