Friday, February 27, 2009

It's NOT fair!

My baby girl is growing up!!! It is not fair! Each morning when I drop her off at school she gives me a kiss goodbye and I tell her to have a great day. She has been getting more and more reluctant to kiss me goodbye. This morning I pulled up in the carpool lane to drop her off and she said, "Bye Mom." and jumped out of the van. I said, "get in here and kiss me goodbye." and she said, "MOM, I am late, bye" and ran off with her friends without even looking back. I sat there for a minute and it felt like my heart was breaking, my girl is growing up. I remember that age, I am definately becoming less cool to her, how much longer will she "like" me??? I cried the whole way home....it's not fair!

4 comments:

Stacie said...

Aww, *sniff* You made me all teary :(

Alex NEVER wanted to kiss me goodbye. I'm thankful Ayden still does......for now.

The McEnaney's said...

Oh my gosh I can't even imagine how sad you were...I am already dreading the day that Azlyn does that!

Janet said...

But then when she has her own children, she'll love you again, and it'll be all the more sweet.

Grannie said...

Oh how I remember and I'm sure your mom does too...When she is a little older she will look forward to your hugs and kisses again like I do.

xoxoxoxo
Grannie