Thursday, June 19, 2008

Saving $$$

Okay, so I know you all think I am CRAZY that I usually drive to 3 or 4 grocery stores each week just to get the bargains, but I have to share with you why I do it...

Here is an example of what I bought today:



Safeway

Boneless Beef Round Steak $1.27 lb. - $5.94

Fresh Ground Turkey $1.99 lb.-$5.52

Lucerne Milk Gallon $1.99

Bumble Bee Chunk Light Tuna $.69 each

Chef Boyardee Pasta with Meat 15 oz. $1 ($.35 off 3 coupon= $.77)

Colgate Toothpaste 6.4 oz. $1 ($.50 coupon = FREE)

TOTAL SPENT $18.27

TOTAL SAVED $29.39



BASHAS

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast $1.87 lb.-$4.60

Buy 20 Bottles (32 oz.) of Powerade for $10 (.75 powerade coupon)

get 2FREE Cases of Dasani Water (24 pack - $3.99-FREE)

Zatarain’s Rice Mix $1.25 ($.75 off 2 coupon = $.75)

Best Foods Mayonnaise 30 or 24oz squeeze $2.99 ($.50 coupon = $1.99)

Food Club Tomato Sauce 8 oz. $.25 each

All, Surf or Wisk 32 – 50oz $3.99 ($1.50 Wisk couponoff 50 oz. = $2.49)

TOTAL SPENT-$12.16

TOTAL SAVED-$58.95



ALBERTSONS

Farmland Sausage Links 8oz., Rolls 16 oz. $1 ($1 coupon = FREE)

Albertson’s 1/2 gallon milk $1

Albertson’s Eggs - dozen $1

Popsicles $1

Good Day 1/2 Gallon Ice Cream $1

Aunt Jemima Pancake Mix 32 oz. Or Syrup 24 oz. $1.67 each($1 off 2 coupon = $1.17 each) Quaker Chewy Granola bars $1.67 ($.75 off 2 coupon =$1.30 each)

Challenge Butter 8 oz. $1 (.50 coupon=$.50)

Quaker Oatmeal to Go, Breakfast Bars, Granola Bites, MorningMinis $1.67

TOTAL SPENT-$13.34

TOTAL SAVED-$27.88





So here is my breakdown of the day!

TOTAL SPENT-$43.77

TOTAL SAVED-$116.22



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is awesome!! I am soooo gonna have to start doing that.

LINDS said...

That is impressive. Maybe I could pay you to be my personal shopper.

Anonymous said...

You are amazing! How in the world do you find time to go through the adds and also clip coupons? Want to do my shopping?!