Wednesday, August 4, 2010

First Day of School

IMG_3070

Rylee started 4th grade and Brady started kindergarten. I thought all along that I wouldn’t be as emotional about Brady starting kindergarten as I was when Rylee started….WRONG!

The night before he went I was a teary mess! I went to read him his bed time stories and lost it! I should have done that more, I should’ve played more baseball with him, colored more, snuggled more….they grow up so fast!

IMG_3069

I made the kids a big breakfast of bacon, eggs, and pancakes…they both had like three bites and said they were too nervous to eat!

IMG_3076

These are Brady’s buds, Roch and Jaxon.

IMG_3077IMG_3078

IMG_3080
He did great though, he loved it. Gave me a kiss and off he went.    

 

IMG_3073 Rylee was nervous because she was in a new class this year, where she knew no one. The kids school has a program called TOPS where they can just go to school from 7:30-12:30. They still get the same curriculum, but not the recesses and lunch. We thought we would try it this year so that she and Brady would be on the same schedule. Rylee is also at the softball field three nights a week, so we though then we wouldn’t be so rushed and she would still have after school time to do homework and be a kid.

IMG_3075    

So far we are loving it! I feel like I have my kid back. When I sent Rylee to kindergarten I think part of what made me so sad is that she was going to be with someone else for the next 12 years more than she would be with me :( This new schedule lets us still enjoy each other! Let’s face it, I probably don’t have much more time that I will still “be cool” in her eyes!

0 comments: