Thursday, January 21, 2010

Our NICU stay

We are hoping that our NICU stay is coming to an end. Aubree has been in the Neonatal ICU since she was born. This is how it all started

IMG_2042

This picture makes me so sad. She was on CPAP for her lungs, had an IV in her hand and a central line in her umbilical cord. She was in an incubator and all be could do was touch her. Luckily, she didn’t have to be like this for too long, only 24 hours or so.

IMG_2047 YAY! The CPAP is off!

IMG_2055 Talking on the cell phone to my sister, Rylee. Flu restrictions are on at the hospital, so the kids still haven’t been able to meet their little sister.

IMG_2056 The first time I really got to hold my girl.

IMG_2058 The monitors on my chest tell the nurses what my heart rate and respirations are, I am on these the whole time I am here.

IMG_2063The first time Daddy got to hold Aubree, he didn’t get to hold her for days. IMG_2065My IV’s never worked for more than a day. I had six total…this one was in my head IMG_2066I turned a little yellow from jaundice, so I had to be under bililights for 2 days. The stickers on the side of my face kept my eye shields on. IMG_2071 IMG_2077Once of my baths in the NICU

IMG_2081It’s a lot of work growing!

 IMG_2088I had a hard time learning how to eat, so I had to have nutrition through my IV and a feeding tube down my nose. IMG_2091 IMG_2099 IMG_2108 IMG_2112

 IMG_2113This face I give people a lot. I am not sure that I like being force fed. IMG_2118  P1020781I have learned how to breathe, I have learned how to maintain my own blood sugar, maintain my own temperature, and I have learned how to eat.  I am a happy girl and hopefully I get to come home soon!

2 comments:

buddyandsarahaws said...

She is so sweet! I love the dark hair!!! I think she looks alot like Brady.

The McEnaney's said...

She has done so remarkable! Such bitter sweet memories these pictures will be when she is running around causing trouble at 2years old! So happy you are strong and healthy Aubree!